Follow these simple steps to enroll in your University of Virginia Tax Deferred Savings Plan today!
1. Decide how much to contribute.
Explore contribution limits and learn how much you can contribute.
These interactive calculators can help you decide how much to contribute:
2. Choose which investment options are right for you.
The investment options available to the University of Virginia Retirement Plans vary by plan:
- Review the investment options available in the Tax-Deferred Savings Plan (TDSP).
- Review the investment options available in the UVA Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), UVA Academic Cash Match Plan (ACMP), UVA Medical Center Retirement Plan (MCRP), and UVA Medical Center Cash Match Plan (MCCMP).
Looking for a professionally managed and diversified portfolio? Fidelity Freedom Funds® offer a diversified asset allocation investment strategy in a single fund.
Fidelity Freedom Funds are designed for investors expecting to retire around the year indicated in each fund's name. Except for the Freedom Income Fund, the funds' asset allocation strategy becomes increasingly conservative as it approaches the target date and beyond. Ultimately, they are expected to merge with the Freedom Income Fund. The investment risks of each Freedom Fund change over time as its asset allocation changes. They are subject to the volatility of the financial markets, including equity and fixed income investments in the U.S. and abroad and may be subject to risks associated with investing in high yield, small cap and, commodity-related, foreign securities. Principal invested is not guaranteed at any time, including at or after their target dates.
3. Enroll Now - It's Easy!
- Please Note: This process should take you approximately 15 minutes.
- Simply follow the online instructions for enrolling. The system will walk you through each of the necessary steps.
- You will be requested to enter the "Plan Number" for which you are enrolling. The plan numbers for the UVA Retirement Plans are as follows:
- UVA Tax Deferred Savings Plan (TDSP): 57818
- UVA Optional Retirement Plan (ORP): 51539
- UVA Academic Cash Match Plan (ACMP): 72105
- UVA Medical Center Retirement Plan (MCRP): 61291
- UVA Medical Center Cash Match Plan (MCCMP): 73106
- Don't forget!
- If you're enrolling in the TDSP, you must complete the and return it to UVA Human Resources at the address on the form before any contributions will be deducted from your paycheck.
- If you're enrolling in the ORP, you must complete the and return it to UVA Human Resources within 60 days of your date of hire.
- If you're enrolling in the MCRP, you must complete the and return it to UVA Human Resources within 60 days of your date of hire.
Keep in mind that investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate over time and you may gain or lose money.